As long what you do is legal, ethical & moral, you should be fine.
We (the folks at CrispQ) run a writing and publishing platform called JOTFLOW and would love if you use it. Our platform is free and we intend to keep it that way. It is designed to give you as much control and ownership over your jots as possible and encourage you to express yourself freely. However, be responsible in what you publish. In particular, make sure that none of the prohibited items listed in these Terms of Service appear-in or get linked-to from any of your jots (things like spam, viruses, or hate content).
You can check our page on types of jots to get a sense of the types of jots that are (or aren't) welcome on our service.
If you find a jot that you believe violates our terms of service, please flag it. This will help us remove malicious jots and ensure sanctity of the platform.
The Terms of Service below are largely based on those governing WordPress.com and are available under the Creative Commons Sharealike license. We heartfully thank the folks at Automattic for making their Terms of Service available under a liberal license.
Terms of Service:
In these Terms of Service, any article and related content that you publish on the Website is called a jot. The phrase your jots; and grammatical variants thereof, should be taken to mean any and all such articles. A collection of all your jots is referred to as your flow of jots, or simply your flow.
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by CrispQ, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
- Your JOTFLOW.com Account and Jots.
Logging into the Website via Facebook and publishing your first jot shall amount to creation of an account. An account is necessary for publication of jots. As you create an account via Facebook, your conduct on the Website should be in accordance with Facebook's Community Standards. Furthermore, in operation of our account, any interaction you have with Facebook will countinue to be bound by Facebook's Terms, Data Use Policy and Cookie Use policy.
If you create an account on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and jots, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with your jots. You must not describe or assign keywords/labels to your jots in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and CrispQ may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause CrispQ liability. You must immediately notify CrispQ of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breaches of security. CrispQ will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you write jots, comment on jots, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to publish or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users all associated terms and conditions pertinent to the Content;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your jots are not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other jots, blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your jots are not presented in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by CrispQ or otherwise.
By submitting Content to CrispQ for inclusion in your jots, you grant CrispQ a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your jots. This license allows CrispQ to make publicly-posted content available to third parties selected by CrispQ so that these third parties can analyze and distribute (but not publicly display) your content through their services.
You also give other JOTFLOW.com users permission to share your Content in their jots and add their own Content to it (aka to rejot your Content), so long as they use only a portion of your jot and they give you credit as the original author by linking back to your jot .
If you delete Content, it will be made unavailable on the Website. However, CrispQ's backup copies may continue to hold the same for a reasonable time-period.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, CrispQ has the right (though not the obligation) to, in CrispQ’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in CrispQ’s reasonable opinion, violates any CrispQ policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in CrispQ’s sole discretion.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. CrispQ has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, CrispQ does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there published, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. User-generated content on the Website may be considered or deemed offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as may contain technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors; or may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. CrispQ disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use of user-generated content by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of such content published therein.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which JOTFLOW.com links, and that link to JOTFLOW.com. CrispQ does not have any control over those non-JOTFLOW websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-JOTFLOW website or webpage, CrispQ does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. CrispQ disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-JOTFLOW websites and webpages.
- Infringing Content Policy. As CrispQ asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by JOTFLOW.com violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify CrispQ at [email protected]. In your communication, please include the following:
CrispQ will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. CrispQ will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of CrispQ or others.
- A statement that content at JOTFLOW.com infringes your intellectual property rights
or those of a third party who has authorized you to act on their behalf.
- An identification of the copyright claimed to have been infringed,
indicating a link to the relevant content.
- Your full name, address, telephone number and email address.
- A statement, that the you are either the copyright owner
or a person authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
- A statement that you believe in good faith that, the use of the content
in the manner notified has not been allowed by the intellectual property
rights owner or by any other authorized third party.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from CrispQ to you any CrispQ or third party intellectual property, and all rights, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with CrispQ. CrispQ, JOTFLOW, JOTFLOW.com, the JOTFLOW.com logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with JOTFLOW.com, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of CrispQ or CrispQ’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any CrispQ or third-party trademarks.
- Advertisements. CrispQ reserves the right to display advertisements on the Website if and when it deems appropriate.
- Attribution. CrispQ reserves the right to display attribution links such as ‘Published on JOTFLOW.com,’ theme author, and font attribution in your jot's footer or toolbar.
- Changes & Revisions. We, at CrispQ, are constantly endeavoring to update our services. That means the terms under which this service is offered may have to be changed. We reserve the right to revise or amend these Terms of Service as and when required, at our sole discretion. You are encouragde to frequently check this page for any changes to these Terms of Service. Your continued use of this site after any change in these Terms of Service will constitute your acceptance of such change.
- Termination. CrispQ may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your JOTFLOW.com account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
You are free to delete all you jots. Doing so will not only terminate this agreement but will also wipe out your footprint on JOTFLOW.com. However, while they may not be publicy visible, your jots may continue subsist in our backups.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. CrispQ and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither CrispQ nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will CrispQ, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; or (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data. CrispQ shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond it's reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless CrispQ, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Translation. These Terms of Service were originally written in English (US). We may translate these Terms into other languages. In the event of a conflict between a translated version of these Terms of Service and the English version, the English version shall hold and will control.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between CrispQ and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of CrispQ, or by the posting by CrispQ of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the Republic of India and local and special laws of the State of Maharashtra. Any dispute, legal matter or court proceeding shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. You hereby also agree to abide by all applicable laws and regulations (including without limitation any local laws or regulations in your country, state, city, or other governmental area, regarding online conduct and acceptable content, and including all applicable laws regarding the transmission of electronic data by way of using this service. CrispQ may assign its rights under this Agreement without any condition, to any third party as it deems fit. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.